Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Witching Hour

Black is always in, this we know quite well... but obscurity and abstract heaviness are the epitome of fall '06 fashion. It's regal, seductive, and a bit pretentious.
From black nailpolish to heavy bangs to combinations of black/purple/grey, it's not the same as it was in the 90s. No grunge or goth is evident with the lusciously painted dark nails, but rather an elegant and polished look for fall. Even New York magazine decided to pay a special tribute to the ever recurring trend.

And what better way to accentuate your lovely manicure than with a pop of heavy bangs. I'm obviously biased (given that I've been a fan of the beauty trend for quite some time), but Irina Lazareanu deserves full credit for this amazing fall look. We know it's really in once Lindsay jumps on the trend boat... but her editorial for Jalouse magazine is too delicious for me to care. For a final lunge into the beautiful fall, the greys (which are everywhere) must be combined with black, plum, or navy. In fact, I just invested in a luxuriant pair of dark 'precious violet' sunglasses from Dior. They match my Dior eyeliner in that very same hue.

Get excited, this fall promises what the fashion world has been craving for ages... glamour.

5 Comments:

Blogger la femme said...

Haha, I just unpacked that issue of Jalouse from my Paris suitcase.

Forget Irina- your bangs are amazing. I'm still in shock over the Megu photo.

I credit Xena, the Warrior Princess with starting the bang trend...

September 05, 2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger Lady Apple said...

i love this black nail polish trend...i think it looks great!!!

September 05, 2006 6:37 PM  
Blogger New Yorkaise said...

La Femme - Xena... oh my god... I couldn't stop laughing for hours. I think I shed a few tears of laughter on my Spanish Vogue.

Jessica - Saw your new pictures, you are totally rocking the look!

September 06, 2006 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! So I read u are in Granada! Cant believe it! I study in Granada so u know, ill give u my msn in case u wanna talk or need help or whateva! Nice blog btw :)

http://www.myspace.com/sohottamale85

U have myspace? (not many ppl in spain do)... Ill be back 2moro anyway to check if u have leave any message here :P

xxxx

September 06, 2006 4:54 PM  
Blogger New Yorkaise said...

Hey Ana! Sorry, I just saw your comment, so I hope you still read this! I cannot believe you're studying in Granada, as well. Email me at dolcevitaliza@hotmail.com... I can practice my Spanish, haha!

September 13, 2006 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home