Thursday, August 17, 2006

Have no fear...

Skinny jeans are not for everyone. On a recent shopping expedition through Intermix, I discovered that the drain-pipe Taverniti So jeans were not for me. Not because I tried them on and didn't like them, but because I couldn't get my toe through the leg opening. I wasn't too upset, I don't like the idea of denim squeezing the life out of my ankles, anyway.
Skinny jeans are only cool for little Lower East Side punk girl. For fashion femmes, I prefer a straight cut. Still narrow and slim, it's a little more sophisticated.
Shopbop.com shows us the ways with Earnest Sewn, Goldsign, and Nfy:




















Also equally impressive is the Theory skinny jean. It's actually a very flattering fit on most shapes! On a related note, have you seen Theory's new website? It's very improved with a lovely "My Theory" feature that let's you shop around the website, create PDF files of your items, and even email them to a personal shopper.
Enough about jeans, what I'm really excited for are sweater dresses. Will post findings soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lady Apple said...

i really like the ones with the real light black wash...i have a pair like those. i just don't look as great as she does in them! oh well...i just never have enough discipline to lose that much weight.

August 17, 2006 8:41 PM  
Blogger T.T. said...

YUJUUU ! You are here again! I love the Skinny pants, are so cool! But a new change will arrive! And I say NOOOO ! Skinny forever ! Kisses !

August 18, 2006 2:43 AM  
Blogger la femme said...

Theory is my fave.

I love the look of skinny jeans on SOME {very skinny} people, but they don't work on me either. I've gotten my legs stuck while trying them out in changerooms many times :)

August 18, 2006 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Nfys.

As for the skinny/straight issue, "straight" jeans that go over your shoes the slightest bit are the most flattering I think because they really make you appear taller...I have some Sass & Bide skinny's that I adore but they are eternally riding up to my ankles which ends up being a total pain...

August 21, 2006 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home