Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Paris in the Fall

Walking up Avenue Montaigne on the way to lunch at L'Avenue, I knew that I found my city. The beautiful women, draped in black, with their perfectly polished Chanel sunglasses perched on their heads, black Chanel bags propped next to their chairs, smoking post-lunch Gauloises blonde... ah, Paris. La Femme's astute observation of armies of "Moss feet" have been replaced by the slightly more reasonable (for the lower temperatures) booties and riding boots. In fact, Paris has taken on a very Napoleonic air this fall. Wool peacoats with double breasted bronze buttons and dramatic capes are, apparently, quite the perfect choice for outerwear while running around Paris on a crisp Sunday afternoon.
Attempting to keep shopping under control, I limited myself to a beautiful pair of black knee length boots from a little boutique in the Marais, a winter scent from a local parfumerie, and a few shift dresses to wear for the holidays. It is indeed la vie en rose.

7 Comments:

Blogger la femme said...

Oh, I'm in heaven just reading this post!

I would really, REALLY like to see those boots! Yours, firstly and the ones worn by the Parisienne femmes...

xx

November 07, 2006 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have summed up french style beautifully

November 08, 2006 1:17 PM  
Blogger viviana said...

I love shopping in Paris, specially around St.Germain, Rue du Four,Rue du Dragon.. is plenty of little shops where you can find all your dreams come through, is something I miss from other big cities where you only see the stores you find in everywhere ( Zara, H&M ..)

November 13, 2006 7:11 AM  
Blogger la femme said...

I just keep reading this over... and over...

November 16, 2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger Malahierba said...

The french chic exist yet....with this type of post :-) great blog.

November 19, 2006 3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds like an awesome trip!

November 27, 2006 5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful post... it made me imagine while i was reading...

December 21, 2006 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home