Wednesday, October 25, 2006

History Repeats

Just had the loveliest trip to Barcelona this weekend. What a wonderful vibe and sense of style! You have your typical Chloe chic girls, mixed with more bohemian Spanish beach surfers, all thrown into modernist galleries with trendy universitat students.
While wandering the city doing touristy things one day, I decided to go against my guidebook's suggestion of skipping "the dull Museu Textil i d'Indumentaria," and popped over there after getting my Picasso fix from across the street. While the layout wasn't awe-inspiring, the collection was quaint and beautiful. Looking at pieces from the eighteenth century, it was amazing to see dresses that could still be worn on the red carpet today.Or how about the classic Balenciaga donation?
I love classic vintage.

5 Comments:

Blogger la femme said...

Oh my god... that first gown...

I've heard that Barcelona is an amazing city- must get there!

October 26, 2006 11:43 PM  
Blogger Mónica Lice said...

Beautiful dresses!;-)

October 27, 2006 6:54 PM  
Blogger Mónica Lice said...

A good week for you!;-)

October 30, 2006 3:30 AM  
Blogger irene^^ said...

I love the last dress!!

November 05, 2006 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fell in love with the second dress...

December 21, 2006 1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home