Sunday, April 30, 2006

Answers

So, I have had a few questions regarding the last entry and my internship.

1. "What is this fabulous company?"
I'm not sure how much information to divulge... but to quote Phoebe from Friends: "It's like the mothership is calling you home." Or to put it in other words:
Rachel:Ralph Lauren::Liza: ___________

2. "How could a bag possibly get you an internship? It was probably something else."
Well, here are a few anecdotes...
Before the interview, we were discussing where to meet and how we would recognize each other:

Very Important Account Executive : "I am wearing a navy blazer. What do you look like so that I can recognize you?"
Me : "I am wearing a cream sweater, and my bag is the size of life. You can't miss me."
VIAE : *Laughs* "Great, I'll see you soon."
Fastforward to us sitting down at a table...
VIAE : "You can sit right here, and this is a chair for your bag."

The man gave me a separate chair for the bag! Five minutes later, he told me I got the position.

And this, children, is an important lesson on how accessories can lead to more fruitful lives.

3 Comments:

Blogger la femme said...

Dying with jealousy. You'll be taking over from La Wintour in no time.

That bag really is beautiful.

April 30, 2006 7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've met you. You didn't get the job because of the bag. You got it because you're hot.

May 01, 2006 10:15 AM  
Blogger New Yorkaise said...

No amount of hotness can surpass the power of Italian leather.

May 01, 2006 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home